Pear and cheese pastry:
I used croissant rounds instead because they didn't have seamless dough. Next time I'll make my own, but this was a good quick breakfast! No other modifications.
2/3 c oats, 2/3 c full fat yogurt (greek or regular)
Any add ins you'd like- we've done cinnamon, 1 banana sliced, and peanut butter in the morning
-strawberries and bananas
-blueberries and cinnamon
Annabel Karmel's Porridge with Apple, Pear, and Apricot:
Roasted Potato Gallette with Cheddar and Chives:
I used a store bought pie crust (shhhh!). Mrs. Dash original seasoning in place of the Old Bay.
Carrot Cake Oatmeal:
I just used regular oats. I subbed whole milk for the water (any milk will do). I didn't use walnuts.
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies:
Whole wheat flour instead of white, finely chop the walnuts, and no salt.
Blueberry Breakfast Bars with homemade pectin-free Blueberry Preserves:
Sub 1/4 c maple syrup for the honey.
Breakfast Bars Modifications:
Mine were not gluten free because I couldn't find coconut flour, so-
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup oat flour (put oats in a blender and pulverize)
- 2 tsp finely ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil at room temperature
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla preserves
- 3/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 3 tbs water
- Warm the fruit preserves and water in a saucepan over medium-low heat while you prepare the dough.
- Combine the flours, 2 tsp flaxseed, baking soda, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl and beat for 30 seconds on medium-high until creamy.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients beating until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into two parts and shape into logs (the size of a mini muffin pan). Wrap each log in parchment or wax paper. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the fruit preserves from the stove and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove one log from the fridge. Cut the log into discs about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Place a disc in the bottom of each mini muffin cup. Top with 1 tbsp of the preserves. Place a second disc on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.