Tuesday, May 12, 2015

3 Meals: 5/12/15

Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles-
http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/brown-butter-pumpkin-waffles/

This made 10 waffles, so I froze 5.  (2 for daddy, 1 for babies, 1 for mommy, and 1 for babies later this week.)

Modifications-
I love that these are whole wheat, but I wish they didn't use sugar.  Sub coconut sugar for a lower glycemic level.  It's similar to brown sugar, which is what the recipe calls for.  Cut the salt and syrup, they're unnecessary.
*Note- I just melted the butter because I didn't have time to down brown butter today.  It's still yum.  Also, we didn't have buttermilk, but you can make your own with 1 T of vinegar or lemon juice in regular milk.  However, I needed to use up some half and half, so I used 1 C half and half, 1 C whole milk.  Turned out just fine.
Playoff Meatballs

This made enough for 4 baby meals (for both babies- so 8 meatballs in each meal), plus mama had a portion.  I froze 2 meals and saved 1 for later this week.

Modifications- 
I halved the recipe because I didn't want 2 lbs of meatballs, HOWEVER, these will freeze beautifully if you want to stock your freezer.  
No salt or pepper.  
Make sure your BBQ sauce doesn't contain honey.  I also found one that had no high fructose corn syrup.  Bonus!
Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan Spices: 

Modifications:
I cut the salt and didn't use fresh cilantro because we're out.  I also cooked it in the oven (cut in half, cut sides down, roast at 350 for 1 hr 15 mins) instead of the oven.



0 comments: