Breakfast and lunch were leftovers, except for the addition of the parsnip fries from @mama.of4.
From @mama.of4 (Instagram)
1. Slice your parsnips into wedges.
2. Toss in 2 tbsp coconut oil and liberally sprinkle with fresh rosemary, garlic powder, and himalayan pink salt.
3. Bake at 350 until tender.
I cut the salt and used dried rosemary.
I chopped the pistachios finely for the babies.
I can't find the source for this! :-/
2 tbsp EVOO
1 large onion, roughly chopped
2 medium leeks, roughly chopped (white and green parts only)
1 lb asparagus, chopped into 1" pieces
1 large russet potato
4 c vegetable broth
1 tsp pink himalayan salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp dried thyme
1. In a large soup pot, heat the EVOO in low heat. Add onions & leeks, cook until translucent and soft, about 8 mins.
2. Add potatoes and asparagus, cook another 5-8 minutes.
3. Add broth and seasonings. Stir & cover. Simmer until asparagus and potatoes are soft, about 15 mins.
4. Once vegetables are soft, turn off heat. You can either ladle soup into a blender and puree it that way, or use a handheld emulsifier to puree the soup. I blended it into a thick consistency. I like the soup a little chunky still.
I blended pretty well because I served it in our pouches. I also cut the salt.