Saturday, May 16, 2015

3 Meals- 5/15/15

Breakfast and lunch were leftovers, except for the addition of the parsnip fries from @mama.of4.

Parsnip fries:
From @mama.of4 (Instagram)
1.  Slice your parsnips into wedges.
2.  Toss in 2 tbsp coconut oil and liberally sprinkle with fresh rosemary, garlic powder, and himalayan pink salt.
3.  Bake at 350 until tender.

Modifications:
I cut the salt and used dried rosemary.
Marrakesh Carrots:
http://joythebaker.com/2015/05/marrakesh-carrots/

Modifications:
I chopped the pistachios finely for the babies.
Leek and Asparagus Soup:
I can't find the source for this! :-/

2 tbsp EVOO
1 large onion, roughly chopped
2 medium leeks, roughly chopped (white and green parts only)
1 lb asparagus, chopped into 1" pieces
1 large russet potato
4 c vegetable broth
1 tsp pink himalayan salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp dried thyme

1.  In a large soup pot, heat the EVOO in low heat.  Add onions & leeks, cook until translucent and soft, about 8 mins.
2.  Add potatoes and asparagus, cook another 5-8 minutes.
3.  Add broth and seasonings.  Stir & cover. Simmer until asparagus and potatoes are soft, about 15 mins.
4.  Once vegetables are soft, turn off heat.  You can either ladle soup into a blender and puree it that way, or use a handheld emulsifier to puree the soup. I blended it into a thick consistency.  I like the soup a little chunky still.

Modifications:
I blended pretty well because I served it in our pouches.  I also cut the salt.

0 comments: